- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Carrie Dawn Powell and Robert Lee Copeland were married Sept. 3, 2005, at Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the ceremony. Readers and lectors were Amanda Lawfield of New Madrid, Mo., and Jamie Walls of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the bride.
Organist/pianist was Jerry Ganiel, and soloist was Karen Benefield, both of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Patricia Powell of Cape Girardeau and the late Dale Powell of Lexington, Tenn. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Randy Copeland of Matthews, Mo.
Matron of honor was Amanda McLendon of Cordova, Tenn. Bridesmaids were Kelly Sexton of St. Louis, niece of the bride; Hilary Pyle of Advance, Mo.; Catinna Fitchpatrick of Vanduser, Mo.; and Leslie Copeland of Matthews, sister of the groom.
Kendrick Lathum of Troy, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Josh Sexton of St. Louis, Nick Kramer of Cape Girardeau, Chad Parker and J.W. White of Sikeston. Junior groomsman was Landen Pehle, son of the bride. Ushers were Gandy Wade, Austin Putty and Nick Swoboda, all of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Tommy Halstead and Cleve Holiman of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girls were Grace Pehle and Meadow McLendon. Ringbearer was Blake Copeland. Grace is the daughter of Troy and Jennie Pehle of Jackson. Meadow is the daughter of David and Amanda McLendon. Blake is the son of Brittany Copeland of Matthews and nephew of the groom.
Christy Jones of New Madrid, sister of the bride, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Cape Girardeau Elks Lodge. Servers were Michelle Putty and Hayley White of Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 2 at Celebrations.
Mrs. Copeland received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is employed at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in business from Southeast in 2004. He is employed at Saint Francis.
After a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.