- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Billy Gene Grigsby, 69, of East Prairie died Friday, June 9, 2006, at his home.
He was born Aug. 11, 1936, in the Yellow Dog community near East Prairie, son of Walter and Veda Lillian Berry Grigsby. He and Cornelia Ruth Gulledge were married Feb. 24, 1958.
Grigsby lived in Mississippi County most of his life, was employed by the Mississippi County Highway Deptartment and was a member of the First Christian Church in East Prairie. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Keith Grigsby of East Prairie; three brothers, Claron Grigsby of South Roxanna, Ill., Kenneth Grigsby, Gerald Grigsby, both of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Emma Jean Ivie, Lavern Richards, both of East Prairie; and two grandchildren.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with George White and Larry Lane officiating.
Burial will be in Stevenson Cemetery near Dexter, Mo. Military graveside rites will be conducted by the Missouri Military Honors Program.