- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Billy Ray Dalton, 66, of Anna died Friday, June 9, 2006, at his home.
He was born March 29, 1940, in Pulleys Mill, Ill., son of Robert W. and Alberta Madge Rodgers Dalton. He and Partricia Marie McMurray were married Dec. 26, 1991, in Murphysboro.
Dalton was a mechanic at Southern Illinois University Travel Service for 40 years. He retired in January 2000.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Brian Keith Dalton of Carbondale, Ill.; two daughters, Tina Marie Dalton of Anna, Kacey Marie Dalton of Cobden, Ill.; a brother, Rodger Dale Dalton of Anna; two sisters, Betty Loyd of Carterville, Ill., Jo Rion of Anna; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Adell Anderson Jr. officiating. Interment will be in Cobden Cemetery.