- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Elmer L. Koen, 88, of Mound City died Wednesday, June 7, 2006, at his home.
He was born Nov. 21, 1917, in Mound City, son of James and Alice Parrot Koen. He married Wilma Marie Flannigan, who preceded him in death.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Koen was a former engineer with E.T. Simonds Construction Co.
Survivors include a daughter, Noelene Levill of Cairo, Ill.; a son, Harold Hopkins of Monroe, La.; a sister, Sarah Davis of Mound City; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert McCoy officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery.