- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Last man involved in Kentucky Fried Chicken robbery sentenced
A Cape Girardeau man was sentenced to 15 years in prison Monday for his part in an armed robbery at Kentucky Fried Chicken in July 2005.
Jimmy L. Walker, 30, was on the lam for seven months before he was finally arrested in Charleston, Mo. in April on charges of first-degree armed robbery and armed criminal action.
On June 5, Circuit Judge William L. Syler Jr. sentenced Walker to 15 years in prison for helping plan the robbery, during which more than $2,000 was stolen from KFC.
For more details, check out Wednesday's Southeast Missourian.