Spencer goes to arts academy
Lindsay Spencer of Jackson High School has been selected to attend the Missouri Fine Arts Academy at Missouri State University this summer. She is the daughter of Donna Shaver and Bill Spencer of Jackson.
Geon Gyu Min, 18, has been selected to attend American Legion Boys State of Missouri June 17 at Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg, Mo. He is sponsored by Cape Girardeau Evening Optimists Club and is a student at Notre Dame Regional High School. Min is the son of Byung Jae Min and In Ju Cha.
Burfordville -- Lucas Bollinger. Cape Girardeau -- Amanda Dumey, Kirstin Huey, Andrew Proffer, Amy Shinn. Jackson -- Jessica Bill, Jacie Hartle, Jeremy Houchins, Sarah Luehrs, Matthew Morris, Sarah Nenninger, Kathryn Perry, Stephen Sachse, Andrea Valleroy, Kyndra Williams. Advance, Mo. -- Christina Hendricks
* Chris Daniel and Jan Eftink have been named to the Chancellor's Honor Roll at the University of Mississippi. Daniel is the son of Charles and Mary Ann Daniel of Cape Girardeau. Eftink is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Eftink of Chaffee, Mo.
* Kari Bragg of Cape Girardeau has been named to the President's List of Freed-Hardeman University for the spring semester. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. David Bragg.
* Rachel Dibooglu of Perryville, Mo. recently received a $500 scholarship from the Church Women United. Dibooglu is a student at the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center.
* John Kiblinger, Hannah Kohm and Kami Miinch have been awarded Procter & Gamble scholarships. Kiblinger is the son of Mark and Debbie Kiblinger and is a graduate of Central High School. He plans to attend University of Missouri-Rolla and major in mechanical engineering. Kohm is the daughter of Tom and Susie Kohm and is a graduate of Jackson High School. She plans to attend University of Missouri-Kansas City and major in architecture. Miinch is the daughter of Dwane and Diane Miinch and is a graduate of Jackson High School. She plans to attend Southeast Missouri State University and major in engineering physics.
* The Jackson Noon Optimist Club has awarded scholarships to Jackson High School graduates Matt Leadbetter, Gabriel Sauer and Travis Sievers, and Saxony Lutheran High School graduate Alisha Bohnert.
Leadbetter is the son of Gary and Julie Leadbetter of Jackson. Sauer is the son of Mary Jane Craft of Pinckneyville, Ill., and Rick Sauer of Jackson. Sievers is the son of Judy Mills of Paris, Tenn., and Tim Sievers of Jackson. Bohnert is the daughter of Tammy and Jim Bohnert.
* The following local students have received scholarships to Southeast Missouri State University:
Lauren LeGrand of Jackson received the president's scholarship. She is a graduate of Jackson High School and is the daughter of Darin and Michelle Bogenpohl of Jackson and Jerry and Roberta LeGrand of Cape Girardeau.
Amanda Girard of Cape Girardeau received a president's scholarship, Missouri leadership award and a Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) scholarship. Girard is a graduate of Central High School and the daughter of Christopher and Felicia Girard of Cape Girardeau.
Jamie Lester of Cape Girardeau received a president's scholarship. Lester is a graduate of Central High school and is the daughter of Vicki and Adam Swafford of Cape Girardeau.
Sarah Hahn of Chaffee, Mo. received a president's scholarship and Missouri leadership award. She is the daughter of John and Sheila Hahn of Chaffee and a graduate of Kelly High School.
Tatianna Sima Cwick of Cape Girardeau received a MAP scholarship. She is a graduate of Central High School and is the daughter of Gary and Simin Cwick of Cape Girardeau.
Joshua Miller of Tamms, Ill. received a university scholarship. He is a graduate of Egyptian High School and the son of Scott and Cheryl Miller of Tamms.
Corrie Gerecke of Cape Girardeau received a Missouri leadership award. She is the daughter of Dale and Bonnie Gerecke of Cape Girardeau and a graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School.
Linnea Woldtvedt of Cape Girardeau received a Missouri leadership award. She is a graduate of Central High School and the daughter of Gunder and Laura Woldtvedt of Cape Girardeau.
Paul Stemmerman, a graduate of Eureka High School, received a Missouri leadership award. He is the son of Liz Alexander of Eureka, Mo., and Gil Stemmerman of Jackson.
Robert Cheney of Jackson received regent's scholarship and a MAP scholarship. He is a graduate of Jackson High School and the son of Robert and Sherry Cheney of Jackson.
Kristin Enderle of Chaffee received a regent's scholarship. She is the daughter of Leo and Connie Enderle of Chaffee and a graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School.
Scott Schwiesow of Cape Girardeau received a regent's scholarship. He is the son of the Rev. Wayne and Donna Schwiesow of Cape Girardeau and a graduate of Saxony Lutheran High School.
-- From staff reports