- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson aldermen action 6/6/06
Power and Light Committee
* Changed the regular board of aldermen meeting from 7:30 p.m. July 3 to 7:30 p.m. July 10, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
* Approved change order no. 3 to Dutch Enterprises Inc. of Jackson in the amount of $11,480 for emergency water and electric relocation services on Dotty Lane for the West Jackson Boulevard water and sewer relocation project, phase 2.
* Authorized an expenditure in the amount of $31,169 to Donkers Inc. for the oversizing of water distribution lines in Terrace Park Estates Subdivision.
* Passed a resolution expressing and confirming support for the Keep America Beautiful Program.
* Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Norman and Staci Eastin for the Ridgewoods Subdivision sanitary sewer district project.
* Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from the McCullough Family Living Trust, relative to the Williams Creek (west) interceptor sewer project, reach B.
* Authorized the contractual agreement with Flynn Drilling Company Inc. of Troy, Mo., in the amount of $8,250 for providing repair services, under the water supply well No. 7 project.
* Authorized a contractual agreement with the city of Cape Girardeau for the emergency water system interconnection project.
* Accepted the bid of Transelectric of Jackson, in the amount of $59,000 relative to the purchase of city-owned property located between East Washington and Kate streets.
* Authorized a contractual agreement with Transelectric for the sale of city-owned property located between East Washington and Kate streets.
* Authorized the city's application to the Missouri Department of Transportation, through the Traffic Engineering Assistance Program (TEAP), relative to the Central Business District traffic flow and parking study project.
* Authorized an expenditure in the amount of $50,780.16 to Donkers Inc. for the oversizing of West Deerwood Drive, in Terrace Park Estates Subdivision.
* Accepted the voluntary annexation petition for 1.35 acres of property addressed as 4020 Bainbridge Road, and setting a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. Saturday as submitted by William and Crystal Dorris.
* Added a flashing signal designation at the intersection of West Independence Street and North Farmington Road.
* Added stop designations on Greensferry Road.