- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Missouri reaches super regional for first time
The Associated Press
MALIBU, Calif. -- Brock Bond went 4-for-5 with an RBI as fourth-seeded Missouri advanced to the super regionals for the first time with an 8-3 victory over top-seeded Pepperdine in the Malibu Regional on Monday.
Derek Chambers went 2-for-4 with an RBI and scored twice for the Tigers (35-26), who took an early 7-0 lead and became the first No. 4 seed to make it to the super regionals. Missouri will play No. 5 national seed Cal State Fullerton next weekend, with the winner of the best-of-three series advancing to the College World Series.
Taylor Parker (4-4) gave up two runs on five hits in 5 2-3 innings for the victory, the Tigers' fourth straight after dropping the regional opener to Pepperdine on Friday.
Barry Enright (13-2) allowed three runs on six hits in 3 1-3 innings, and Justin Tellam went 2-for-3 with a homer for the Waves (42-21).