- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Annual festival starts Thursday in Scott City
Scott City will hold its 30th annual Mid-Summer Festival on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Scott City Park.
Events open Thursday with a special early opening of carnival rides from 6 to 10 p.m.
Friday events kick off with the gates opening at 4 p.m., followed by the Mid-South Fair Talent Show at 5 p.m. The washer contest begins at 8 p.m. along with the adult karaoke contest.
Saturday begins with a parade at 11 a.m. down Main Street.
A "Pets on Parade" will also take place, with a pet contest following. A youth washer contest begins at 3:30 p.m. with pageants beginning at 4 p.m.
The night tops off with fireworks at 10 p.m. For more information, call the Scott City Parks and Recreation Department at 264-3411 or 264-2157.