- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area sports digest 6/1/06
Kimbeland teams compete in scramble
Five two-woman teams from Kimbeland Country Club in Jackson played Tuesday in the scramble at Hidden Trails Country Club in Dexter, Mo.
The team of Vicki Long and Harriet Myers led the way by finishing second in the championship flight.
Kathy Raines and Sissy Burnett were fourth in the championship flight.
In the A flight, Dixie Jones and Margaret Sanders finished fourth. In the B flight, Dorothy Holland and Karen Heisel formed the runner-up team.
JoAnn Williams and Linda Williams won the C flight.
Angle wins medalist in Chip A Ways play
Lillian Angle earned the medalist honors this week in the Chip A Ways ladies golf league at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
Faye Harris won the B class.
Joellen Haas and Deanna Peterman won the play of the day, which was low score for partners. Dottie Gill had the low putts.
-- From staff reports
* Area calendar, Page 6B