- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John McClard Sr.
John D. McClard Sr., 88, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, May 30, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 7, 1917, at Pocahontas, son of the late Albert and Ora Unger McClard. He and Addie "Billie" Craft were married Sept. 15, 1950, in Old Appleton, Mo. She preceded him in death Dec. 20, 1986.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He was of the Baptist belief and was an avid fisherman.
Survivors include two sons, the Rev. J.D. McClard and wife Kim of Sikeston, Mo., Tom McClard and wife, Kim of Oak Ridge; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be Friday from 10 to 11 a.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Lorimier Cemetery, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Full military rites will be conduced by Missouri Honor Team.
Memorial contributions to the Bootheel Cowboy Church, 3459 State Highway H, Sikeston, Mo., 63801.