- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Arizona sheriff runs model operation
To the editor:
Dog-slapping the Democrat-Socialist (Dazi) Party and associated useful Himmlers is a noble endeavor. But I am obliged to contract the sphincters of liberal-socialists (libsocs) with a fair and balanced flogging of the current Republican-in-name-only Grand Old Party.
By name association, I should surmise that a serious Republican Party would preserve our representative republic, per the U.S. Constitution, not to mention the oath to defend said document. But the GOP seems to have neither the will nor wherewithal to rebuff the Dazis' wrecking-ball agenda, begging the question: Can we really save our republic?
A recent example is the Senate's joke legislation on votes-for-amnesty in lieu of border defense. We will see if the House can stomp on this one. Basically, I think Congress is remiss, if not in contempt of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution -- and, please, don't bloviate about the Posse Comitatus Act when repelling invasions or even suppressing insurrections using the military.
But fear not. I offer an alternative option to my senators and representative. Joe Arpaio is the sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz. He runs a model tent-city operation for prisoners, including illegal invaders. His no-nonsense system is a novel idea to adapt for building our border security and infrastructure. Plus he deputizes and fully authorizes everyone he can get. So how about the entire Minutemen organization?
JOE MARTIN, Jackson