- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Arizona sheriff runs model operation
To the editor:
Dog-slapping the Democrat-Socialist (Dazi) Party and associated useful Himmlers is a noble endeavor. But I am obliged to contract the sphincters of liberal-socialists (libsocs) with a fair and balanced flogging of the current Republican-in-name-only Grand Old Party.
By name association, I should surmise that a serious Republican Party would preserve our representative republic, per the U.S. Constitution, not to mention the oath to defend said document. But the GOP seems to have neither the will nor wherewithal to rebuff the Dazis' wrecking-ball agenda, begging the question: Can we really save our republic?
A recent example is the Senate's joke legislation on votes-for-amnesty in lieu of border defense. We will see if the House can stomp on this one. Basically, I think Congress is remiss, if not in contempt of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution -- and, please, don't bloviate about the Posse Comitatus Act when repelling invasions or even suppressing insurrections using the military.
But fear not. I offer an alternative option to my senators and representative. Joe Arpaio is the sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz. He runs a model tent-city operation for prisoners, including illegal invaders. His no-nonsense system is a novel idea to adapt for building our border security and infrastructure. Plus he deputizes and fully authorizes everyone he can get. So how about the entire Minutemen organization?
JOE MARTIN, Jackson