- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Roberta Cotner, 98, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 27, 2006, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Sept. 29, 1907, in Seventy- Six, Mo., daughter of Albert R. and Mary Elizabeth Farrar Swan. She and Sloan E. Cotner were married Feb. 6,1926, in Jackson. He preceded her in death Jan. 4, 1985.
She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, Wesley Sunday School Class, Cape and Perry counties historical societies, Capaha Home Extension Club for 30 years and Franklin School PTA.
Survivors include a daughter, Charlotte Neal and husband John of Hot Springs Village, Ark.; two sons, Jack A. Cotner and wife Piilani of Bedford, Texas, Dr. John S. Cotner and wife, Lana of Baltimore, Md.; a daughter-in-law, Lillian Cotner of Taylor, Texas; 16 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren; and five great-great- grandchildren
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Jerry E. Cotner; four brothers; five sisters; and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Saturday from 1 to 2 p.m.
The funeral will be held at the funeral home Saturday at 2 p.m., with the Rev. James Sanderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to charity of choice.