- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Bell City officials deserve respect
To the editor:
I live in the Bell City School District. We have a small school and a small town with good people in both. We seldom make the news, but lately several articles have been written about our school. Most are negative. I've known our superintendent since she was a child, and most of the school board members and staff. I do not believe any of them would intentionally do anything illegal. They work hard to make our school a place where the children can get a good education. I think they are succeeding and deserve our respect.
MILLIE TROPF, Bell City, Mo.