- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Bell City officials deserve respect
To the editor:
I live in the Bell City School District. We have a small school and a small town with good people in both. We seldom make the news, but lately several articles have been written about our school. Most are negative. I've known our superintendent since she was a child, and most of the school board members and staff. I do not believe any of them would intentionally do anything illegal. They work hard to make our school a place where the children can get a good education. I think they are succeeding and deserve our respect.
MILLIE TROPF, Bell City, Mo.