- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Bell City officials deserve respect
To the editor:
I live in the Bell City School District. We have a small school and a small town with good people in both. We seldom make the news, but lately several articles have been written about our school. Most are negative. I've known our superintendent since she was a child, and most of the school board members and staff. I do not believe any of them would intentionally do anything illegal. They work hard to make our school a place where the children can get a good education. I think they are succeeding and deserve our respect.
MILLIE TROPF, Bell City, Mo.