- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Bell City officials deserve respect
To the editor:
I live in the Bell City School District. We have a small school and a small town with good people in both. We seldom make the news, but lately several articles have been written about our school. Most are negative. I've known our superintendent since she was a child, and most of the school board members and staff. I do not believe any of them would intentionally do anything illegal. They work hard to make our school a place where the children can get a good education. I think they are succeeding and deserve our respect.
MILLIE TROPF, Bell City, Mo.