- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Redhawks have three entries for NCAA meet
Alonzo Nelson will join Miles Smith in individual competition at the NCAA national outdoor track and field championships, and Southeast teammates Walter Washington and Chris Poindexter will run with Nelson and Smith in the 1,600-meter relay competition at the meet.
The NCAA on Tuesday released the list of at-large entries that will compete along with the top five individual finishers and top three relays at each of the four regional meets.
The national meet is scheduled for June 7 through 10 in Sacramento, Calif.
Smith, a fifth-place finisher in the 400 meters last year, placed third in the regional meet to earn the automatic berth. He has the sixth-fastest time in the nation this season at 45.57 seconds.
Last year, Smith advanced from the NCAA meet to the USA track and field championships and ran for the U.S. 1,600 relay team at the world championships.
Nelson placed sixth in the 400-meter hurdles at the regional and has the nation's 19th-fastest time at 50.77.
The 1,600 relay team placed fifth in the region with a school-record time of 3:05.54, which ranks 12th in the nation.
-- Southeast Missourian