- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Peggy Lou Howard, 70, of Jackson died Sunday, May 28, 2006, at her home.
She was born Aug. 24, 1935, at Jackson, daughter of Robert and Reva Seabaugh Ates. She and Jean Welker were married in November 1953 and he preceded her in death in 1989.
Howard was employed as a caregiver for Jackson Manor and the Visiting Nurse Association. She also worked at the Frontier Motel in Jackson.
Survivors include three sons and daughters-in-law, Ricky Lee and Angela Welker, Randy and Rhonda Welker and Rodney and Rhonda Welker, all of Jackson; a brother and sister-in-law, Marvin and Shirley Ates of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Jeanna Lynn, Sara and Ryan; and two great-grandchildren, Shannon and Catherine.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Joann.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home. The Rev. Don Estes will officiate, with burial in Russell Heights Cemetery.