- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
People on the move 05/30/06
Cottonwood names employee of the year
Cottonwood Residential Treatment Center recognized Donna Beeson of Benton, Mo., as the 2006 employee of the year during the annual Employee Relations Day at the center. The award from co-workers cited her abilities to create a cheerful work environment and to ensure success for children in the program. Cottonwood is a Department of Mental Health facility that provides residential treatment to children ages 6 to 17 who have emotional and behavioral problems.
Scott Co. recorder now president of association
Scott County's recorder has been named president of the Recorders Association of Missouri. Tom Dirnberger was elected for a two-year term as the association's president during the annual recorder's conference in Columbia late last month. He previously served three years as vice president. As president, Dirnberger will now also serve on the board of directors of the Missouri Association of Counties. He first took office as the recorder of deeds in 1995 and is currently unopposed in his bid for another term in office.
Brennecke Chevrolet hires finance manager
Mike Schutt has joined the Brennecke Chevrolet dealership as finance manager. Schutt came from the Coad family of dealerships' Cape Girardeau store, Coad Chevrolet, where he was a sales consultant for nine years.
-- From staff reports