- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Gladys E. Davis, 75, of Jackson died Thursday, May 25, 2006, at her home, following a lengthy illness.
She was born March 25, 1931, in Randles, daughter of Harry and Essie May Smith Hutson. She and Virgil E. Davis were married March 9, 1950. He died Aug. 4, 1981.
Davis graduated from the former Patton High School, and attended Cape Business College. She worked for the former Kroger Egg Plant in Jackson 13 years, and cared for the elderly in their home for a number of years.
She was a member of First General Baptist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include two daughters, Beverly Koehler of Jackson, Nancy Davis of Aurora, Colo.; two sisters, Jane Eaves of Jackson, Tenn., Ann Markham of St. Louis; a brother, Frank Miller of Carthage, Miss.; three stepdaughters; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, seven brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call Tuesday from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.