- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Helen Louise Hecht, 79, of Jackson, died Saturday, May 27, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 24, 1926, in Shawneetown, daughter of Oswald Arthur and Ella Lydia Oswald Pfeiffer.
Hecht was a homemaker and a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown and a member of the Trinity Lutheran Ladies Aid. She was also a former member of the church choir.
Survivors include her husband, Raymond (Lefty) Hecht of Jackson; two sons and daughters-in-law, Tom and Kathy Hecht of Jackson and Dennis and Donna Hecht of Frohna, Mo.; a son-in-law, Stan Trickey of Jackson; two brothers, Harold Pfeiffer of Gordonville and Leonard Pfeiffer of Jackson; one sister, Verna Schade of St. Ann, Mo.; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, Judy Trickey and Kathy McLendon.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson on Monday from 4 to 8 p.m. Visitation will also be from 9 a.m. until time of services at Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown. The Rev. Robert Mann will officiate, with burial in Trinity Lutheran Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Memorial Fund.
Arrangements are made by Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.