- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Opal A. Horn, 87, of Chaffee, Mo., beloved wife, mother, sister, sister-in-law, aunt and great-aunt, died Saturday, May 27, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 4, 1919, in Rockview, Mo., daughter of the late Leonard "August" and Lena Caroline Hoefler Tucker. She and William David Horn were married June 29, 1942, at Chaffee, Mo., and he preceded her in death on Jan. 31, 1994.
Horn was a machine operator for Wohl Shoe Co. in St. Louis and retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee and the Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Evelyn and Larry Sprenger of Chaffee, Mo.; two brothers, Leonard Tucker of Chaffee, Mo., and Adolph Tucker of California; four sisters, Rella Hahn and Anna Marie LeGrand, both of Chaffee, Mo.; Clara Luz of Chicago, Ill., and Mary Desemone of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., beginning at 4 p.m. Monday with parish prayers at 7 p.m. Monday.
A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, Mo. The Rev. Ralph Duffner will officiate, with burial in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee, Mo.