- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Summerland: Celebrate the start of summer vacation with these kid-friendly activities
Follow the rainbow path to summer fun for your children:
* Arts Council of Southeast Missouri summer art camps begin May 30. Camps run through July 28 and feature a variety of medias for children ages birth to 18.
* WildHeart in concert at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, featuring wildlife-inspired music with Emmy award-winning musicians Jan and George Syrigos. Call 290-5218 to register.
* Tunes at Twilight with The Laws, 7 to 8 p.m. at the Common Pleas Courthouse gazebo on Lorimier Street.
* Perry County Community Rodeo with barrel racing and bull riding June 2 and 3 at the East Perry County Fairgrounds in Altenburg, Mo.
* Youth Catch and Release Day at Capaha Park Pond.
* Youth programs at Cape Girardeau Public Library begin June 5 for ages toddler to teens. Contact the library for a complete list of activities.
* Horizons summer youth enrichment programs begin June 5 at Southeast Missouri State University.
* Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's summer recreation and aquatic classes begin June 5. Contact the department for more information about this year's offerings.
* Discovery Playhouse for children opens at West Park Mall. Visit www.discoveryplayhouse.org for details.
* Mudpuppies program for children ages 3 to 6, at Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center. Program focuses on fishing and includes practice reeling in the center's classroom pond. Call 290-5218 to register.
* Concert at Bollinger Miller State Historic Site, 4:30 p.m., with traditional acoustic folk music.
* Redhawks Kids Camp, beginning June 12, a summer recreational day camp hosted by Recreational Sports at Southeast Missouri State University. Program runs 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Register by calling 651-2878.
* Local craftspeople create arts and crafts on the porch of the Red House Interpretive Center in downtown Cape Girardeau.
* Racers program, for ages 12 to 17, discussing fishing lures and actually fishing with Fred Meystedt at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center. Call 290-5218 to register.