- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Phillip W. Davis, 62, of Jonesboro died Monday, May 22, 2006, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in Carbondale, Ill.
He was born Jan. 20, 1944, in Anna, Ill., son of Lee and Flora O'Connel Davis. He married Betty Arlene Black.
Davis was a mechanic several years and a member of First Baptist Church in Jonesboro.
Survivors include his wife; a stepson, Ray Whittington; three brothers, Arthur Davis of Anna, Bill Davis of Wisconsin, Don Davis of Rockford, Ill.; and a sister, Janet Wallenmeyer of Ware, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters, two brothers and a stepson.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 9 a.m. to service time Friday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Busby Cemetery near Goreville, Ill.