- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dorris Odell Payne, 72, of Wardell, Mo., died Sunday, May 21, 2006, at his home.
He was born Oct. 4, 1933, in Pemiscot County, son of Lorenzo and Cecil Rone Payne. He and Katherine Pauline Eifert were married in 1957.
Mr. Payne was an Army veteran of the Korean Conflict.
He was a heavy equipment operator, retiring in 1996. He was a member of Operating Engineers Local 513.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Steven Payne of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Sharon Crispin of Ypsilanti, Mich., Diane Wright of Lees Summit, Mo., Robin Borgfield of Cape Girardeau; a brother, George Payne of Jefferson City, Mo.; five grandchildren, Dustin Cauble, Rachel Cauble, Amy Wright, Amber Borgfield, Ryan Borgfield; two great-grandchildren, Leah and Seth Cauble; three nephews and a niece.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Portageville Cemetery with full military rites.