- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Learning briefs 5/23/06
Local students earn MAP awards
Clayton T. Hill, Allison B. Lockhart and David C. Olson, of Cape Girardeau, have each been awarded a Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) Scholarship to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2006-2007 academic year. Hill, Lockhart and Olson are 2006 graduates of Central High School. The students earned eligibility by scoring at a proficient level or higher on the 10th grade mathematics or 11th grade communication arts MAP exam.
Hill is the son of Lisa Helle of Cape Girardeau and Trea Hill of Thebes, Ill. He plans to major in exercise science.
Lockhart is the daughter of Creighton and Jackie Gould of Cape Girardeau. She plans to major in business.
Olson is the son of Gary and Cindy Olson of Cape Girardeau. Olson's major is undecided.
Lankheit graduates with 4.0
Kevin Michael Lankheit graduated May 13 with a 4.0 GPA and a master's degree in geological science with a an emphasis on remote sensing from Murray State University in Murray, Ky. He is a 2004 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University and a 2000 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He is at Pennyrile Area Development District in Hopkinsville, Ky. Kevin is the son of Cliff and Melanie Lankheit of Jackson.