- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cheryl D. Jackson, 33, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, May 18, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 23, 1972, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Ellie and Verida Bell Jackson.
Jackson was a certified nurse assistant. She was a graduate of Central High School. Jackson worked at several nursing homes as a CNA. She was a member of New Horizon Baptist Church.
Survivors include her father of Michigan City, Ind.; her mother of Cape Girardeau; two sons, David Lester Jr., Lashawn Jackson, both of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Nicole Jackson, Roxanne Jackson, Cierra Jackson, all of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Linda Burns of Sikeston, Sheri Jackson, Deloise Jackson, both of Cape Girardeau, Rosie Jackson of Vandalia, Mo.; five brothers, Ellie Jackson Jr. of Sikeston, Mo., Robert Jackson, John Jackson Sr., Andrew Jackson, all of Cape Girardeau, William Jackson of Forrest City, Ark.
Friends may call from noon until the time of service Tuesday, May 23, at Greater Dimensions Church. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. with the Revs. Howard McGee, Johnny Thomas and William Byrd officiating.
Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.