- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- Glenn E. Tripp, 83, of Cobden died Wednesday, May 17, 2006, near Goreville, Ill., due to injuries received in a motor vehicle accident.
He was born May 19, 1922, in Union County, Ill., son of Dugan and Agnes Highland Tripp. He and Iragene Williams were married Dec. 31, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, and she died Aug. 5, 2001.
Tripp was a lifelong dairyman and farmer and worked at the ASCS office in Anna, Ill., for many years. He served on the Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative board from 1960 to 1997, with terms as president, vice president and secretary-treasurer. Tripp was director of the cooperative from 1971 to 1980. He was a member of the Lick Creek School Board from 1959 to 1972, a member of the Ebenezer Hall Cemetery Board and a member of the Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Ira Tripp and Charles Tripp of Cobden; two sisters, Mary Keith of Anna, and Louise Rich of Cobden; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Anna Heights Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday and after noon Sunday until the time of services.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Anna Heights Baptist Church. The Revs. Darren Casper and Doug Bridgeman will officiate, with burial in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery in Lick Creek, Ill.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.