- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Daniel Franklin Poe, 58, of Poplar Bluff, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday May 17, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Nov. 9, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, son of Hayward Joseph and Verna Mae Ussery Poe. He and Betty Lou Johnson were married Aug. 15, 1978, in Virginia Beach, Va. She died Aug. 12, 2003.
Poe was a graduate of Central High School. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War.
He was a general contractor 20 years in Cape Girardeau, and also operated Betty's Restaurant with his wife for eight years.
Survivors include three sons, Tom and Charles Coker of Cape Girardeau, Jeff Krauss of Newport News, Va.; two daughters, Jennifer Poe of Poplar Bluff, Laura Cisewski of Williamsburg, Va.; a brother, Donnie Poe of Poplar Bluff; and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be Saturday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.