- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MCCLURE, Ill. -- Hazel Irene Gearing, 91, of McClure died Thursday, July 24, 2003, at the home of her daughter.
She was born Nov. 26, 1911, at McClure, daughter of William Clinton and Flora Elizabeth Verble Burchyett. She and Henry Ray Gearing were married Sept. 6, 1930, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died March 30, 1987.
Gearing was a member of McClure Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include a son, Derald Gearing of Bloomington, Ill.; a daughter, Doris Taylor of McClure; a brother, Lester Burchyett of McClure; seven grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday, and then at McClure Pentecostal Church from 12:30 p.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the church, with the Rev. Greg Morrison officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery.