- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Havern Elmer Shelton, 75, of Jerseyville, Ill., died Tuesday, May 16, 2006, at Jerseyville Nursing and Rehab.
He was born June 28, 1930, at Chaffee, son of Robert and Sava Merideth Shelton.
Shelton retired in 1983 as a shift supervisor with Owens-Illinois Glass Co. in Alton.
He served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War.
Survivors include two daughters, Sunny Cooper of Godfrey, Ill., Sava Shelton of Chaffee; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee from 11 a.m. to service time Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. William Marshall officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery with full military rites by Missouri Military Funeral Honors Program.