- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)20
Jessica Lynch fled from enemy, put others at risk
To the editor:
I am tired of hearing about Jessica Lynch being a hero. She is not a hero. She was a member of a unit that got lost and captured. They did not complete their assigned mission. Others were put at risk rescuing them.
I have heard very little about the rest of her unit but a whole lot about Lynch.
A hero is someone who does something outstanding, usually putting himself in grave danger in the process.
At first we were told Lynch had been injured by enemy fire while fighting them off. Now we are learning that Lynch was injured in a high-speed crash while fleeing from the enemy.
I am sorry Lynch was injured, but a hero? I think not.
JOHN T. GREEN