- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hettie McClard, 88, of Jackson, formerly of Delta, died Tuesday, May 16, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 24, 1917, in Jackson, daughter of John Curtis and Sara Jane Biri Jaco. She and Harvey William McClard were married in April 1934 in Jackson. He died Jan. 18, 1986.
McClard was a longtime resident of Delta. She had lived in Jackson four years. She and her husband owned the Country Kitchen Restaurant in Delta from 1958 to 1970.
She was a member of Whitewater United Methodist Church and its United Methodist Women. She was a past member of Order of Eastern Star in Whitewater.
Survivors include a son, Steven McClard of Delta; two daughters, Julianna McAlister of Perryville, Mo., Mary Moreland of Jackson; nine grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, two daughters, four brothers, two sisters and a grandson.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at Little German Church Cemetery near Delta, with the Rev. Virgil Bunch officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements