- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Ruthie Joyce Carter, 85, died Saturday, May 13, 2006, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis, after an extended illness.
She was born Nov. 1, 1920, in the Avert community, daughter of Walter and Viola Pruitt Perry. She and Dan W. Carter were married Feb. 22, 1941. He preceded her in death Dec. 13, 1968.
Survivors include three sons, Danny (Eva) Carter of Cape Girardeau, Terry Bequette and special friend Shelia of Collinsville, Ill., Dennis Carter and special friend Dolores of Fenton, Mo.; two daughters, Marilyn (Kenneth) Ritch and Carolyn Carter of Fenton; a brother, Gene (Mamie) Perry of Bloomfield; two sisters, Imogene (Jim) Laughlin of St. Louis, Judy (Sam) Giambelluca of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by a son, Richard; three grandsons, Terry Jr., Ricky and Christopher Carter; two brothers, Dallas and Delbert Perry; and a sister, Beatrice Carter.
Friends may call at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Harold Christian officiating. Burial will be in Walker Cemetery near Bloomfield.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to St. Anthony Hospice Development, DeGreeff House, 10010 Kennerly Road, St. Louis, Mo., 63128.