- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kelly advances two to state meet
Kelly freshman Tara Johnson finished second in both the 1,600 and 3,200 at the Class 2 District 1 track and field meet Saturday at East Prairie to qualify for the state meet.
Johnson ran the 3,200 in 13 minutes, 19 seconds and the 1,600 in 5 minutes, 45.04 seconds.
Spencer Ayers also qualified from Kelly with a second-place finish in the shot put. Ayers had a throw of 43 feet, 10 1/2 inches.
The Class 1 and 2 state meet is Friday and Saturday at Dwight T. Reed Stadium in Jefferson City.
-- From staff reports