- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Man charged in gas station deaths
RANCHOS DE TAOS, N.M. -- A man with a pair of guns pumped 19 shots into a car at a gas station, killing three people, authorities said Friday.
Jason Perea, 25, fled in his pickup after the shootings Thursday night and was captured near Espanola, about 35 miles away, District Attorney Donald Gallegos said.
Perea, of Taos, was being held on $1.5 million bail after his arraignment on charges including three counts of first-degree murder.
The gunman may have had a confrontation with at least one of the slain men earlier Thursday, Gallegos said.
"There have been some allegations of drugs and gangs," he said. "None of that has been confirmed, but we're not ruling that out, either."
The dead were identified as Eric Tollardo, 23; Alfredo Rael, 22; and Nathaniel Maestas, 14, all of Taos. They were shot with .40-caliber and 9mm handguns.