- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Actress Kate Winslet expecting second child
LONDON -- Actress Kate Winslet and her husband, director Sam Mendes, are expecting their first baby, his publicist confirmed Friday.
Winslet, who has a 3-year-old daughter, Mia, from her previous marriage to Jim Threapleton, is due to give birth in January.
"They are both delighted with the pregnancy," said Chloe Dunbar of Premiere PR in London, which represents Mendes.
The pair were married in May, and Dunbar said they were currently on vacation in Italy.
Winslet, 27, was nominated for Academy Awards for her roles in "Titanic," "Sense and Sensibility" and "Iris." Mendes, 37, won the best-director Oscar for his first film, 1999's "American Beauty."
Comedian makes land deal for 2,000 acres
HAMILTON, Ga. -- Comedian Jeff Foxworthy bought 2,000 acres of hunting and fishing land in west Georgia, ending speculation that the area would become a golf resort.
Foxworthy, 44, closed the deal earlier this week in Atlanta. The price was not disclosed, the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported Thursday.
The sprawling preserve includes streams, two lakes, a pond, kennels and silos. It also has an octagonal barn that has been converted into a lodge that can sleep 21 people.
Best-known for his "You might be a redneck if..." jokes, Foxworthy starred in the NBC sitcom "The Jeff Foxworthy Show" from 1995-97.
Angelina Jolie stumped by marriage break-up
NEW YORK -- Angelina Jolie says she doesn't have a clue why her marriage to Billy Bob Thornton failed.
"I'd love to know," the "Tomb Raider" star tells People magazine in its Aug. 4 issue. She says their last interaction was on the day before her 27th birthday last June. "We got into a big fight. I haven't seen him since."
The couple divorced in May, and Jolie says she hasn't rejoined the dating scene.
-- From wire reports