- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
OU, Kansas St. will win Big 12, media poll says
DALLAS -- Oklahoma is the preseason pick to win the Big 12 South Division while Kansas State is the choice to win the North in a media poll released by the conference Friday.
Texas is picked to finish second behind OU in the South, followed by Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor.
It's the third consecutive year the media have picked OU to win the division.
Kansas State is followed by Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa State and Kansas in the poll.
Last year was the first season since the league began football play in 1996 that Nebraska had not been picked to win the Big 12 North. Colorado was the media's choice in 2002 and the Buffaloes won the division title. NU finished fourth.
Offensive lineman Richie Incognito also is the only Cornhusker named to the preseason all-conference team on either offense or defense this year.
Oklahoma State receiver Rashaun Woods was selected as preseason Offensive Player of the Year over Texas receiver Roy Williams.
Oklahoma linebacker Teddy Lehman was selected over teammate Tommie Harris as the preseason Defensive Player of the Year.
OU defensive back Donte' Nicholson, a transfer from Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, Calif., is the preseason newcomer of the year.
Five Sooners and one Cowboy were selected to the preseason All-Big 12 team.
OSU's Woods and OU offensive lineman Jammal Brown were selected to the preseason offense. OU's Lehman, Harris and defensive backs Brandon Everage and Derrick Strait were chosen as members of the preseason defense.