- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Givens are married 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Jack Givens of Jackson celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary May 6, 2006, at Bethel Assembly of God Church in Cape Girardeau.
The reception was hosted by their daughters, Jodee Mitchell of Jefferson City, Mo., and Tara Givens of Jackson.
Givens and Janene Wampler were married May 6, 1956, at First Baptist Church by the Rev. Owens.
In addition to their daughters, the Givens have a son, Dr. Mike Givens of Scott City; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.