- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Neumeyers observe 60 years
Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Neumeyer of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary May 7, 2006.
They were honored by their children and spouses, Don and Jane Neumeyer of Madison, Wis., Tom and Terri Neumeyer of Cape Girardeau, and Jeannette and Jon Zincgraf of Des Peres, Mo. The event was held at the home of Tom and Terri Neumeyer.
Neumeyer and Mary Elizabeth Schulte were married May 4, 1946, in Jefferson City, Mo. Their attendants were Jeannette Schulte, Emily Schulte, Harvey Brethorst and Wilber Neumeyer.
Neumeyer retired as a purchasing agent with Missouri Utilities Co. in 1984, after 45 years of service. He was a veteran of World War II.
Mrs. Neumeyer continues to be an active worker in the local Democratic Party.
The couple has three granddaughters and two great-grandsons.