- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Nina M. Rushing, 96, of Marion, Ill., formerly of Mound City, died Thursday, May 11, 2006, at Fountains Nursing Home in Marion.
She was born Oct. 19, 1909, in Villa Ridge, Ill., daughter of Wesley Jackson and Ida Frances Hitchcock Mathis. She married Forrest D. Rushing, who died March 15, 1970.
Rushing worked at Crain Manufacturing Co. in Mound City before retiring. She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Mounds.
Survivors include a grandson, Bruce Griffith of Marion; a granddaughter, Babs Frederking of Okawville, Ill.; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City from 11 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery.