- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Religion briefs 5/13/06
Revival to be held at Faith Tabernacle
There will be a revival at 6 p.m. May 21 and 7:30 p.m. May 22 to 24 at Faith Tabernacle, at 351 Country Club in Cape Girardeau. For information or a ride, call 382-2884.
Annual Pleasant Hill Day scheduled for May 28
The annual Pleasant Hill Day with worship, basket lunch and music will take place May 28 at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Fruitland. Worship begins at 11 a.m. and will be followed by a noon meal. Music will be provided by the group Santa Fe.
Family Crusade to be held at First General Baptist
First General Baptist Church in Jackson, 1506 S. Farmington Road, will hold a Family Crusade with puppetry, ventriloquism, stories, songs and drama beginning at 6 p.m. May 21. The event will continue May 22 through May 24, 7 p.m. each day. A meal will be served one hour before the event each night in the church fellowship hall. No charge for admittance, though donations will be accepted. For more information, contact the church at 243-8467.
Revival to be held at three area Baptist churches
Three local Baptist churches will hold a joint spring revival from May 21 to May 26. At 6 p.m. May 21 and 7 p.m. May 22, the revival will be held at Commerce Baptist Church. On May 23 and May 24, the event will begin at 7 p.m. each night at Morley Baptist Church. At 7 p.m. May 25 and May 26, the revival will be held at Unity Baptist Church.
Fellowship walk-a-thon with Second Missionary Baptist Church for youth activities, 5 a.m. on the Osage trail.
Vincentian Marian Youth meet for Mass at the Shrine Church in Perryville, Mo., at 6 p.m.
-- From staff reports