- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area sports digest 5/12/06
Morris wins medalist in Ladies Day play
Kathy Morris was the medalist this week in the Cape Gir-ardeau Country Club in Ladies Day action.
Leslie Steele and Janet White tied for first place, and Luanne Kiefner finished third. The play of the day was most one putts.
Central plans camps for girls sports
Central High School is offering camps for athletes in girls basketball, softball and volleyball this summer.
The basketball camp is set for June 13 through 16 with sessions for grades 9 through 12 and 4 through 8. The cost is $35.
The softball camps include pitching, June 1 and 2 with sessions for grades 5 through 7 and 8 through 12; skills, June 5 through 8 with sessions for grades 5 through 7 and 8 through 12; and another sklls session July 24-26 for high school levels. Costs vary.
The volleyball camps include a session for grades 4 through 7, May 30 to June 1; a high school camp, July 24 through 27; and Olympian Pat Powers' camp, June 26 and 27. Costs vary.
For information, contact basketball coach Sherri Shirrell, softball coach Amy Blattel or volleyball coach Maile Gannon at 335-8228.
Brochures are available at the high school.
-- From staff reports