- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Rev. Albert Moore
Rev. Albert Eugene "Gene" Moore, 76, of Jackson died Wednesday, May 10, 2006, at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, son of Henry Ashberry and Elizabeth Isabelle Clark Moore. He and Clara Tackett were married Dec. 1, 1952, in Piggott, Ark. She died March 7, 1997.
Rev. Moore was of the Pentecostal belief and had been a minister since 1949 with the First Church of Jesus Christ in Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois. He was also an automobile mechanic 45 years, post office mechanic three years, and did welding many years.
He lived most of his life in Cape Girardeau until moving to Jackson in 1978.
Survivors include a son, Lindell (Julie) Moore of Jackson; two daughters, Debra Sue Haley and Beverly Gail (Pat) Logan of Jackson; a sister, Ruth Beal of Marble Hill, Mo.; four grandchildren, Christopher Moore, Julie Ann Keith, Terry Moore, David Sawyer; and six great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded by his parents, a daughter, five brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating. Burial will be in Hobbs Chapel Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.