- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CANALOU, Mo. -- Audrey Newman, 90, of Morganton, N.C., died Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at Grace Heights Nursing Home in Morganton.
She was born Nov. 11, 1912, at Canalou, daughter of William and Carrie Robison McWaters. She married Aymon M. Newman, who died April 30, 1979.
Survivors include a son, Bill Newman of St. Louis; a daughter, Shirley Johnson of Marion, N.C.; three brothers, Don McWaters of Cookeville, Tenn., W.C. McWaters of Canalou, Ollie McWaters of Ringwood, Okla.; two sisters, Dimple Malloy of Essex, Mo., Polly Schurenberg of Sikeston, Mo.; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by a son and a grandson.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.