- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CANALOU, Mo. -- Audrey Newman, 90, of Morganton, N.C., died Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at Grace Heights Nursing Home in Morganton.
She was born Nov. 11, 1912, at Canalou, daughter of William and Carrie Robison McWaters. She married Aymon M. Newman, who died April 30, 1979.
Survivors include a son, Bill Newman of St. Louis; a daughter, Shirley Johnson of Marion, N.C.; three brothers, Don McWaters of Cookeville, Tenn., W.C. McWaters of Canalou, Ollie McWaters of Ringwood, Okla.; two sisters, Dimple Malloy of Essex, Mo., Polly Schurenberg of Sikeston, Mo.; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by a son and a grandson.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.