- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kenneth Harlan Reed, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, May 9, 2006, at Ratliff Care Center.
He was born March 7, 1929, in Brookport, Ill., son of Arthur and Frances Martin Reed. He and Babe Ruth Gipson were married Oct. 19, 1966, in Metropolis, Ill. She died June 21, 2005.
Reed was in the Army and served in Germany and Korea.
He was a river barge captain and was employed by ACBL. He retired in 1991.
Reed moved to Cape Girardeau in June 2004 from Paducah, Ky.
Survivors include a son, Gerry Reed of Boaz, Ky.; a stepson, Henry Wilkey of Paducah; three daughters, DeeDee Green of Paducah, Susan Boyd of Gilbertsville, Ky., Amber Reed of Jackson; five stepdaughters, Autumn Vinson of Indianapolis, Ind., Donna Jo Poole of Mayfield, Ky., April Brindley, Linda Miller and Janice Smith of Paducah; a brother, Earl Reed of Paducah; 20 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
There will be no visitation.
A private family graveside service will be held at Maple Lawn Cemetery in Paducah.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.