- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Bobette Yount, 68, of Marble Hill died Sunday, May 7, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 19, 1938, at Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Robert Lee and Leatrice Belle Smith Mungle. She and Paul H. Yount were married June 18, 1959.
Yount was a member of New Salem Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Sandra Jordan of Marble Hill; a sister, Shirley Minton of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Randy Poole and Kirby Grindstaff officiating. Burial will be in Old Union Cemetery near Marble Hill.