- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Inez McClendon, 86, of Cape Girardeau died peacefully at her home Sunday, May 7, 2006.
She was born April 16, 1920, in Jackson, daughter of Garnet and Rispa Johnson Masterson. She and Leon McClendon were married March 26, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. He died Jan. 28, 1984.
Inez assisted her husband in his business, Leon's Upholstery. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Loving survivors are her children, Charles (Vicki) McClendon of Cape Girardeau, Patricia (Jim) Hacker of Longtown, Mo.; loving friend and caregiver, Karen McClendon of Jackson; two sisters, Ruby Statler and Maggie Holland of Cape Girardeau; grandchildren, David and Michael McClendon, Justin Mann, Sara Richardson, Laura Glastetter and Amanda Pegg, Rachael Zahner, Heather and Jamie Hacker; great-grandchildren, Sean, Ian and Sophie McClendon; and loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by sisters, Goldie Vogelsang and Dorothy Kilmer, and a brother, Carl Masterson.
There will be no visitation.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Cape County Memorial Park, with Chaplain Eric Snyder of Southeast Hospice officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be made to Southeast Hospice or the Humane Society, both in Cape Girardeau.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.