- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Dorris L. Holshouser, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 6, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 23, 1926, in Ancell, Mo., the daughter of Fred J. and Mae Elizabeth Collie Blattel. She and Herbert Holshouser were married on Feb. 9, 1946, in Jackson. He preceded her in death on Dec. 19, 1993.
Mrs. Holshouser was a member of Evangelical United Church of Christ. She worked for 30 years as a day-care teacher at Jack & Jill Day Care, Community Day Care at Evangelical United Church of Christ where she was the director, and part time at Kinder Care and Cinnamon Bear Day Care Center.
She is survived by two sons, Rodney and Gary Holshouser; a daughter, Bonnie Jo English; two brothers, James and Robert Blattel; three grandchildren, Tonya Renee English, Amy Lynn English and Erica Dell Holshouser; a great-grandchild, Brandi Nichole Bell, all of Cape Girardeau.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Phillip Dean Holshouser; two brothers, Elmer and Mick Blattel; and a sister, Helen Blattel Kiehne.
Service will be held at 1:30 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Revs. Ernest Jordan and Randy Heckman officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to American Diabetes Association.