- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Trustees to consider one-year contract extension for Weber
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- The University of Illinois Board of Trustees will be asked this week to extend basketball coach Bruce Weber's contract for the third straight year, a 1-year extension that would boost his total compensation to $1 million per year.
The deal would put Weber under contract through the 2011-2012 season. It calls for increasing his pay for radio, television and other promotional appearances from $500,000 to $600,000 per year, according to documents filed with the agenda for the board's meeting Thursday in Chicago.
Weber led the Illini to a 26-7 record last season, boosting his record at Illinois to 89-16 in three seasons. Illinois finished second in the Big Ten and reached the second round of the NCAA tournament.
Weber receives a base salary of $200,000 per year, plus the radio-TV income for a total next season of $800,000. The school also pays $200,000 per year to a deferred compensation account that Weber will receive if he is still coach at the end of the 2010-2011 season, according to his contract.
"I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to move again," Weber said Monday during an appearance on WDWS-AM in Champaign.