- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Four people found shot in Louisiana
SHREVEPORT, La. -- Police found four people shot to death in two units of an apartment complex Thursday.
The (Shreveport) Times newspaper, citing an unidentified source in its online edition, said the victims were shot and had been bound, with pillowcases over their heads. Police would not confirm or deny that report Thursday afternoon.
Officers found the bodies after receiving a call from someone concerned about a relative living at the apartments, police spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave said.
Three bodies were found in one apartment at the complex. Investigators checking other apartments found the fourth body in a different building in the complex.
Hargrave said the victims were between 20 and 50 years old. At least one lived in Bossier City, Shreveport police said.
Terry Coe, who lives at the complex, was astounded by word of the murders.
"I can leave my car unlocked, it's a safe place to live. I thought. I guess anything can happen anywhere," said Coe, a cable installer who said his next-door neighbor is a police officer.