- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Four people found shot in Louisiana
SHREVEPORT, La. -- Police found four people shot to death in two units of an apartment complex Thursday.
The (Shreveport) Times newspaper, citing an unidentified source in its online edition, said the victims were shot and had been bound, with pillowcases over their heads. Police would not confirm or deny that report Thursday afternoon.
Officers found the bodies after receiving a call from someone concerned about a relative living at the apartments, police spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave said.
Three bodies were found in one apartment at the complex. Investigators checking other apartments found the fourth body in a different building in the complex.
Hargrave said the victims were between 20 and 50 years old. At least one lived in Bossier City, Shreveport police said.
Terry Coe, who lives at the complex, was astounded by word of the murders.
"I can leave my car unlocked, it's a safe place to live. I thought. I guess anything can happen anywhere," said Coe, a cable installer who said his next-door neighbor is a police officer.