- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
James Eugene McCormick, 73, of Allenville, Mo., died Saturday, May 6, 2006, at the Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee.
He was born March 6, 1932, in Cape Girardeau, son of Elmer and Juanita Morris McCormick. He and Barbara Goehman were married on June 10, 1953. She died Jan. 30, 2002.
McCormick served in the U.S. Army and was a self-employed carpenter.
Survivors include two sons, David McCormick of Chaffee and Steven McCormick of Jackson; a daughter, Debbie Towe of Lonark, Ark.; three sisters, Margaret Shell, Judy Criddle and Doris Dawson, all of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Friends may call at 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Jack Hargraves officiating. Burial will be at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.